History Quiz

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 1 February, 2015 - 15:07

History Quiz

Hi guys, I have a History quiz coming up on the Russian Revolution. I was wondering if you had any techniques to help me because I don't just need to memorize dates, but more in-depth information. For example, a lot of the information has to do with Lenin and the Bolsheviks.

Thanks for your help!

4 February, 2015 - 17:01

Are you familiar with techniques like memory palaces, the major system, and mnemonic images?

It would be easier to answer your question if you post a few specific examples. :)

13 April, 2015 - 08:45

I should think memory palaces would ironically be very cool to learn the rudimesnts of the Russian revolution. You could have visions of St. Petersburg for a while. Not a bad way to study.
Don't forget the Kusmi Russian tea while you're thinking about Nicholas and his family. ;-)

14 April, 2015 - 10:23

I think that the best way to memorise history is actually creating your whole story in your mind, augmenting everything, putting funny things on it and trying to visualise it as clear as possible. Then, by imagining the story you should have the main flow clear. Then, in some points of the story you could use triggers like for instance. If someone enters in a house. You could for instance place a memory palace there and make it a house that you know very well with the information that you want to store(using it as a memory palace).
I don't know, there may be better ways but this is the way I would do it. I am curious to see what people say.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: