Mind mapping

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 5 September, 2012 - 12:56

Mind mapping

8 September, 2012 - 14:26

Hi there. I was using Mind Mapping long before I'd heard of Buzan or mnemonics.

Actually, I'm still unclear what connection Mind Mapping has to memory training???

I use it to brainstorm at the beginning of every new project. Could we a work project (laying out ideas for a presentation) or home project (big job like painting my house).

To me, it's just a visual and configurable outline.

I wouldn't do it on paper because I like dragging things around as new connections occur to me.

I like xmind (which is free) and MindManager software tools.

Jeff

24 September, 2012 - 11:26

I think of it as one other note-taking method. I don't use it exclusively. I draw pictures in my notes, but I usually use lists.

Freemind is free and open-source, so it's a good format for sharing mind maps with other people.

iMindMap also has a free version, but I don't think the free version will run on every platform while offline (like Linux), so I think it's not as easy to share the mind maps for collaborative editing.

I haven't tried xmind and MindManager, but will check them out.

There is also a section of the forum about this topic: Notetaking, Mind Mapping, and Speed Writing.

22 December, 2013 - 03:14

I use XMind and Edraw Mind Map. I prefer to use XMind, but that doesn't mind Xmind is better.
Each one has its characteristics.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: