The Exit List - TV Quiz Show with Memory

6 replies [Last post]
liamvictor's picture

I caught a quiz show last night called The Exit List

"Matt Allwright presents a new game show in which contestants go into a 26-room maze and must memorise the Exit List of answers to escape with a big cash prize"

There's video on the ITV website, but I expect it to be UK only - http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=300366

After answering a series of questions to get to the end of the maze and a prize of £100,000, the contestants are split up and one has to retrace the steps back through the maze. In each room they then have to state on of the previous answers (in the correct order).

Where they get a question wrong in the first stage they have to remember all the multiple choice options that were presented for the question.

Josh Cohen's picture
Webmaster
Re: The Exit List - TV Quiz Show with Memory

I can't view it here in Austria, but it sounds interesting. It sounds like it could be easily solved with the method of loci.

duyhoa83's picture

It hears interesting. Hope that it will allow outside UK access in soon.

Donalp's picture

Just looked at this - as a UK-based forumite, I'm seriously tempted to apply. £100k!

My memory skills aren't amazing, but this sounds straightforward. Anyone else in the UK tempted?

Josh Cohen's picture
Webmaster

If you enter, let us know. Smile

Donalp's picture

I will indeed! I watched the first episode and it seems straightforward enough.

I used a couple of card journeys for loci (one for the answers, and one for the directions out of the maze), it was fun.

What I can't speak for of course is any allowance for performance under pressure! I can imagine that plays a big part, as any of you serious mental athletes might know.

I managed a perfect recall and am going to keep watching and try to develop a system. It will be a good form of practice if nothing else.

Since the show requires that 2 people enter as a team - any volunteers to team up?

Have a good weekend, all.

Yan's picture
Yan

See video

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Memory Competitions and Tournaments

User login

For Schools

Students and teachers: fill out this form to get assistance with forming a memory club at your school along with its own section on ArtOfMemory.com. It's free!