Use your homepage as a mnemonic

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 13 September, 2013 - 11:17

Use your homepage as a mnemonic

Hi, I'm beginning what will probably be a life long project, to memorize the Bible.

Since, I'm always on the Net, I was wondering. If you were going to do it, how would you use the homepage on your blog for instance, as a mnemonic device to help recall whatever you want to recall?

If this were done, would that mean that the homepage would have to remain static, no changes ever again?

So, if you were going to do that, how would you do it?

Sincerely,

De Maria

13 September, 2013 - 11:19

Wow! Mnemonics in daily life?! What an idea!

How do I begin to use every aspect of my daily life to remind me of the Scriptures?

31 October, 2013 - 18:38

I was thinking of doing something similar, but instead of memorizing every word, as you would with poetry, I intended to memorize the general idea of the passages. There are 66 books in the Bible, maybe make a separate path for each, all connected to a central location that you can access easily. There are around 1200 chapters in the bible. I feel i could explain the main ideas of them in 3-5 images each, and my mind would fill in the details.

So, what i would do in your situation, is make a central location, a house or castle for example, that has 66 branches or things leading off it, for example doors. Each of those doors would lead to a different journey, which would represent a book of the bible. And in each journey, placing around 3-5 images grouped together to represent 1 chapter, with an average of around 18 such groups in each journey.

I am not sure how you could use a homepage to remind you, other than placing 66 images that each remind you of the book desired to reinforce.

Good luck on your project.

17 November, 2013 - 15:38

Actually, here i found how one guy, gary lanier, memorizes the bible verbatim. http://www.garylanier.com/lanierverbatimmemorysystem.htm

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: