Using Import.io to ankificate the web

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 18 May, 2014 - 08:51

Using Import.io to ankificate the web

Hello !
I recently discovered import.io, a tool to generate web crawlers to get datas from web pages. I did code crawlers before, but it's faster and easier with this tool.
It can be used to generate anki decks as we can export the datas in csv or use a programming language like python to have a programmatic use of the queries built on import.io.
We can imagine queries aiming to grab web stuff that could be "ankificated" .
It's easy to share this kind of things on import.io and as we can use the queries in python, we can generate anki deck with it.

As I like coding tools to import stuff into anki (like evernote2anki and xmind2anki :) ). With this new tool I coded a sort of wikipedia2anki. More precisely it works with wikimedia content. From anki, you are asked to enter a category (like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mnemonics ) and it generates a deck with 1 card by page (the question is the page title and the answer is the first paragraphe).
It's a plug-in for anki. You can find more informations on the add-on page or on the related github repository.

5 June, 2014 - 14:07

Great idea to use Import.io. I've added links to your Anki plugin on the Anki wiki page.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: