What is the technique of Ramon Campayo to memorize speed numbers?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 18 November, 2011 - 19:02

What is the technique of Ramon Campayo to memorize speed numbers?

I read "Maximize your memory",and he gives many tips about memory but not about memory speed.I saw somewhere that the eight first places in the world championship of speed memory were his students ( the second place was your wife),what indicates that it is a technique and not a gift.I think he transforms the numbers into letters and then he "read" the numbers.what you think?
-Sorry for my english,my native language is Portuguese.

18 November, 2011 - 20:24

Your English is good. :)

Nelson asked him about it and posted here:
Ramón Campayo Memorizing 44 Binary Digits in 1 Second

There is also some discussion about it in the comments here:
New Speed Memory World Records by Ramón Campayo

18 November, 2011 - 20:42

Thanks,congratulations for the site and forum.

18 January, 2013 - 12:33

:) You did well my friend

23 May, 2013 - 08:16

I think there is quite a novel technique at play here. I'm going to experiment with a few ideas but I don't think he is translating sets of binary numbers into letters or associations (objects or people).

Mnemonics has been around for thousands of years but those techniques never evolved for speed memory. I think developing and practising a new technique will take some out of the box thinking and a little luck....

regards,

Sea

22 July, 2013 - 06:12
WJW
WJW's picture

@Josh

Got a question for you. Is it possible for you to make a program similar to This one with a few modifications? I like the layout of the link but I would love to be able to...

Say how many rows and columns to show per block. I'd like to be able to do do something like Ramon did HERE and be able to add blocks as needed.

Thanks
Jim

22 July, 2013 - 15:32

WJW wrote:

I'd like to be able to do do something like Ramon did HERE and be able to add blocks as needed.

Have you tried his program? You can download it here:
http://www.speed-memory.com/

Click on Descarga in the bottom of the left sidebar.

If that isn't what you're looking for, let me know...

22 July, 2013 - 15:42
WJW
WJW's picture

Thanks Josh. I was trying to download it from your link on THIS blog (right in the middle where it says "The speed memory software is available here") and it came up 404. When I have a few minutes in half an hour I'll check...

22 July, 2013 - 15:58

It looks like they deleted the English translation that I had linked to. I just updated the blog post now...

22 July, 2013 - 18:23

I wonder if his claims of an IQ of 194 are true or not. Also, Josh, can you read Spanish?

22 July, 2013 - 19:14

I studied a little bit of Spanish, but I don't speak it.

I don't take IQ scores too seriously. Related thread: IQ Test Score Improvement.

Here's a guy with a 192 IQ score who "stays up 20 hours a day to finish IQ tests in a bid to knock his Greek competitor out of the top spot."

The article's title is misleading, because it says "smartest people". I'm not convinced that IQ score is equivalent with "smart". Many words about mental abilities are very ambiguous.

Someday I would like to take two IQ tests though. One as a baseline, and then one after 6 months or a year of training. I'm interested to see how much it could be improved.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: