Where Do You Like to Create Memory Journeys/Palaces?

3 replies [Last post]
Josh Cohen's picture
Webmaster

I'm curious where people create memory palaces. Do you create them inside buildings, walking around town, inside stores...?

Most of mine are outside, with a couple of shorter ones inside coffee shops.

Also, where do you keep your list of things to do? Do you have a specific journey for that?

I have one 10-step journey that I use for quick things like shopping lists, but I'd like one journey specifically for a to-do list, and another one for debating: storing another person's arguments while they are speaking so that each point can be addressed without taking notes. Has anyone tried something like that?

Jimbo1's picture
Grand Master of Memory
Re: Where Do You Like to Create Memory Journeys/Palaces?

All of my journeys are around towns i have either lived in or visited. Most of my journeys include going into buildings at some point but I do like to keep my locations well spaced out so I wouldn't say this was a loci/roman room hybrid.
I do keep some specific journeys for the Spoken numbers event in competitions and only ever use them for that.

kiyote's picture

I don't have a set method, yet. I am definitely feeling the lack. I feel like I need to sit down and come up with a list of my loci...

Mystery's picture

I've been experimenting with completely imaginary memory palaces, ideally I would like to eventually come up with a system for building floors into an imaginary skyscraper, which will be as tall as I want, as many skyscrapers as I want.

Haven't had much success with this though, so if anyone has ideas on building imaginary memory palaces I'd love to hear them!

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Memory Competitions and Tournaments

User login

For Schools

Students and teachers: fill out this form to get assistance with forming a memory club at your school along with its own section on ArtOfMemory.com. It's free!