Grand Master of Memory
Until the 2013 World Memory Championships, the requirements for Grand Master of Memory were:
- Memorize 1,000 numbers in an hour
- Memorize 10 decks of cards in an hour
- Memorize one deck of cards in under two minutes
Grandmaster of Memory (GMM) can now only be awarded at the World Memory Championships. To achieve the GMM both of the following criteria must be met: Achieve a total of 5000 or more cumulative points in the WMC. GMM titles will be awarded to the top 5 placed competitors that are not already GMMs
People who were awarded the Grand Master of Memory title under the older standards will still maintain their titles for life.
Number of Grand Masters
List of Grand Masters of Memory
Take up the Challenge
There is a group of people aiming to reach one of the "Memory Master" levels. Click here to view and join the group.
- ↑ The Mind Sport of Memory 2008 Yearbook by Phil Chambers and Christopher Day
- ↑ http://www.worldmemorysportscouncil.com/grand_master_of_memory.asp
- ↑ http://zoomy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/grand-master-of-memory.html
- ↑ New Standards for the Grandmaster of Memory
- ↑ Memory achievements
- ↑ Forget Me Not: How to win the U.S. memory championship, by Joshua Foer. Slate. Wednesday, March 16, 2005.
- ↑ http://www.world-memory-statistics.com/grandmasters.php