Grand Master of Memory
Until the 2013 World Memory Championships, the requirements for Grand Master of Memory were:
- Memorize 1,000 numbers in an hour
- Memorize 10 decks of cards in an hour
- Memorize one deck of cards in under two minutes
As of December 2013, the title requires getting 5,000 points at a World Memory Championship and being a top 5 competitor who is not already a Grand Master.
People who were awarded the Grand Master of Memory title under the older standards will still maintain their titles for life.
Number of Grand Masters
List of Grand Masters of Memory
Take up the Challenge
There is a group of people aiming to reach one of the "Memory Master" levels. Click here to view and join the group.
- ↑ The Mind Sport of Memory 2008 Yearbook by Phil Chambers and Christopher Day
- ↑ http://www.worldmemorysportscouncil.com/grand_master_of_memory.asp
- ↑ http://zoomy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/grand-master-of-memory.html
- ↑ New Standards for the Grandmaster of Memory
- ↑ Forget Me Not: How to win the U.S. memory championship, by Joshua Foer. Slate. Wednesday, March 16, 2005.
- ↑ http://www.world-memory-statistics.com/grandmasters.php